Photo-Me Ireland Limited respects an individual’s right to privacy and complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. Photo-Me Ireland Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This Statement of Privacy applies to this website and governs data collection and usage. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using Photo-Me Ireland Limited’s photo booths and this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Statement of Privacy.
This Statement of Privacy is purely for the purpose of applicants using Photo-Me Ireland Limited’s photo booths and technology for the capture and transfer of their image to the DFA passport services for the renewal of their passport. The photo captured within the photo booth shall only be used for this purpose and will not be used or shared with anyone for any other purpose. Any photos captured by Photo-Me Ireland Limited photo booths shall be deleted 6 months from the date of capture.
By using Photo-Me Ireland Limited photo booths and visiting our website, users are accepting the terms of this privacy statement and are consenting to the data practices described within. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and Photo-Me Ireland Limited is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
Collection of your personal information
Photo-Me Ireland Limited collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address, telephone number, or in certain cases, credit card information. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
Any other information received from you after the use of Photo-Me Ireland Limited’s photo booth for customer service reasons. i.e. name, address, phone number, email, etc. will only be used for the handling of your query and not for any other purpose.
Like most websites there is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Photo-Me Ireland Limited. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Photo-Me Ireland Limited for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Photo-Me Ireland Limited Web site.
Use of your personal information
Photo-Me Ireland Limited collects and uses your image to operate the Photo-Me Ireland Limited Web site and deliver the services you have requested, such as the capture and transfer of your image to the DFA passport services for the renewal of your passport. Any other information received after the use of Photo-Me Ireland Limited’s photo booth for customer service reasons. i.e. name, address, phone number, email, etc. will only be used for the handling of a customer’s query, complaint, etc. and not for any other purpose. All data is held within the EU.
Photo-Me Ireland Limited does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Photo-Me Ireland Limited Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Photo-Me Ireland Limited or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Photo-Me Ireland Limited; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Photo-Me Ireland Limited, or the public.
This Personal Data Policy defines how your Personal Data is collected and processed via the following:
- The web site www.photo-me.co.uk.uk hereinafter referred to as the ‘Site’
- Photomaton smartphone apps, hereinafter referred to as ‘the Application’
- The use of certain services proposed by Photomaton, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Services’:
- Ephotos for driver’s licenses
- Photos and printing
- Service of creation of personalised objects, personalised decoration
This Personal Data Policy also states the rights you have with respect to your Personal Data that are collected and processed via the Site, the Application and the Services.
The Photomaton firm manages the processing of the Personal Data collected via the site, the Application and the Services. Main offices are located at 4, rue de la Croix Faron 93217 La Plaine Saint Denis Cedex.
Photomaton collects personal data in compliance with EU Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council on data protection and privacy for all individuals with respect to the processing of the personal data and the free circulation of that data (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR”), and Act n°78-17 of 6 January 1978 in its latest version in effect (hereinafter referred to as ‘Applicable Regulation on Personal Data Protection’).
The terms ‘personal data’, ‘processing’, ‘processing manager’, ‘sub-contractor’, ‘Supervisory Authority Concerned’ have the meaning defined in Article 4 of the European General Data Protection Regulation.
- What Personal Data of yours do we collect?
- In which cases is it necessary that you provide us with your Personal Data?
Within the scope of the use of the Site, the Application and the Services proposed, we request that you give us certain personal data (‘Personal Data’):
- If you wish to register on the site, and create an account, you will be asked for the following data: Last name, first name, email address, log-in, password….
- If you wish to use the Application, and create an account, you will be asked for the following data: Last name, first name, email address, log-in, password…
- If you wish to use the proposed Services
- E-photos for driver’s license
You will be asked for the following data: Last name, first name, photograph, signature, e-mail address ….
- Photos and printing
We do not collect any Personal Data when you use the photos and printing Services such as the Photomaton booths, except for your bank data when you pay for the use of this Service by bank card.
In order to be able to use the MoneyGram money transfer service, you must create an account using the MoneyGram terminal or the Photomaton Money dedicated Application. To create an account, you will be asked to provide the following data: telephone number, ID document…
- If you wish to request reimbursement, you will be asked to provide the following information: your last name, first name, e-mail address, telephone number, address, post code, country, the relevant photo contact sheet, your bank account details and proof of payment.
- If you wish to contact us, you will be asked to provide the following information: your last name, first name, e-mail address, telephone number, address, post code, country, if you are a professional, individual or a journalist, the purpose of your request, and the content of your message.
You will also be able to state the name of your company.
If you do not provide us with the necessary Personal Data, we will not be able to provide you with access to the Site or to the Application, to create your account and/or to give you the Service(s) requested.
- The Personal Data that you give us if you wish when you contact us:
Your last name, first name, e-mail address, telephone number, address, postal code, country,
You give us this data when you want to:
- Call upon our services,
- Contact a salesperson,
- Obtain additional information on our machines, our services, our operations,
- Rent for an event or other,
- Sign up for the newsletter
- The other personal data that Photomaton collects from your visits to the Web site and your use of the Site:
We collect information on your visits to the site and on your use to help us directly and indirectly identify you, such as: your IP address and your geographic location, type of browser used, your domain name, date and time of your connection, the source that sent you to us and the Web sites visited before visiting us.
- If you use our MoneyGram on-line payment service, we (ourselves, or the payment system we have appointed) can store your credit and debit card number in a secured encrypted form.
- For what purposes and on what legal basis do we process your Personal Data?
Based on your use of the Site, Application, and/or Services, we process your Personal Data for the following purposes and on the following legal grounds:
- To whom is your Personal Data provided?
The Personal Data that we collect is provided as follows:
- To the accredited members of our personnel so they can perform the services requested, respond to your requests or perform the work required or related to operation and use of our site;
- To third-party service providers in their capacity as sub-contractors to whom we sub-contract for the performance of the requested services;
- To the administrative or legal authorities assigned with investigative and security missions, insofar as required due to a legal obligation or judicial or legal ruling;
- Within the framework of use of the Ephoto service for driver’s license, we provide your Personal Data to the French Ministry of the Interior and the French Authority for Secure Documents;
- Within the framework of use of payment by bank card, we provide your Personal Data to the payment service provider with whom we work;
These recipients are subjected to strict confidentiality and security obligations and shall have access to the Personal Data for reasons limited to the processing purposes stated above.
Assuming that we work with sub-contractors, we inform you that we give strict instructions to the sub-contractors with whom we work in written contracts and we request that they do not use your Personal Data for any other purposes than those for which your Personal Data were collected initially. We also impose strict obligations on them with respect to data confidentiality, security, access management, restricted use of data and restitution or deletion of data in compliance with the requirements of the applicable legislation and the contract we undertook with you.
Any communication of Personal Data shall be done in compliance with the applicable legislation on protection of Personal Data and with the European Data Protection Regulation so as to guarantee the security, integrity and confidentiality of your personal data.
- Your commercial marketing choices
In compliance with your choices in this area, you may receive special offers and commercial offers that could be of interest to you.
You can, at any time, choose to no longer receive such commercial messages by using the Unsubscribe link in the message or, using the Smartphone or tablet settings for push notifications, or by writing to the address stated in the last paragraph below
- Transfers of Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area
We do not transfer your Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
- How long is your Personal Data kept?
Your Personal Data is kept for the duration of the commercial relationship and for the time required for the purposes described in this Personal Data Policy:
- If you are subscribed to a newsletter: throughout the term of your subscription,
- If you have a user account: until your account is closed,
- When you pay for the use or the purchase of a Service proposed by a booth or a terminal by bank card, we do not keep your banking data (number of the credit/debit card).
Beyond these periods, your Personal Data shall be kept for the applicable legally required periods to enable us to comply with our regulatory or legal obligation, or to enable us to establish proof of a right or a contract.
- When you use the Ephotos service for a driver’s license, we keep your photograph and your signature for a period of six months then this data is destroyed.
- Security of your Personal Data
Photomaton implements the appropriate technical and organisational measures to guarantee the security, integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Data and to prevent unauthorised access to this data and to the equipment used for its processing and to prevent non-authorised use of this Data and this equipment.
- What are your rights? How can you exercise them?
In compliance with the legislation that applies to data protection and to the European Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights relating to the protection of your Personal Data:
- Right of access – you have the right to request information about Photomaton’s processing of your Personal Data and to obtain a copy of your Personal Data.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to obtain, without undue delay, rectification of your Personal Data that is inaccurate and the right to complete your Personal Data.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to obtain, without undue delay, erasure of your Personal Data where the conditions for erasure are met.
This is the case, for example, where:
- Your Personal Data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- The sole legal grounds for the processing was your consent and you have withdrawn your consent,
- You object to the processing of your Personal Data for reasons relating to your specific situation and we cannot prove that there is a legitimate and imperious reason that overrides in favour of processing your Personal Data,
- Your Personal Data was unlawfully processed
- Your Personal Data must be erased in compliance with a legal obligation
If Photomaton has communicated your Personal Data to third parties, those third parties shall be informed of the erasure, if that is required by law.
Please note that your right to erasure is subject to restrictions. Photomaton shall not be responsible, for example for erasing your Personal Data that are stored in compliance with the legally-required periods or where Photomaton needs them to exercise its rights, carry out and defend legal proceedings. This is excluded from your right to erasure.
- Right to withdraw consent– If processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to this processing. The data collection operation that took place earlier does not necessarily become unlawful.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to processing of your Personal Data for reasons that are due to your personal situation, when we process your Personal Data on the basis of our legitimate interest. You also have an unlimited right to objection if Photomaton processes your data for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to the restriction of processing – you have the right to obtain restriction of processing (such as marking personal data so as to restrict all later processing), under certain conditions:
- Where you contest the accuracy of the Personal Data and Photomaton must verify the accuracy of this data
- Where processing of the data is unlawful and you request restriction of their use instead of erasure
- Where Photomaton no longer needs the Personal Data for the purposes of the processing but you need them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- Where you have objected to the processing pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Photomaton override your interests
Where processing of the data has been restricted, such data shall only be processed, with the exception of storage, with your consent, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or of a Member State.
- Right to data portability – Where the processing of the data is based on your consent or on a contract and carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your Personal Data that you provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form. You also have the right to transmit your Personal Data to another data controller.
- Complaints – you have the right to file a complaint with a data protection Supervisory Authority if you consider that your Personal Data have been unlawfully processed. This right to lodge a complaint is without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
- You also have the right to define the provisions for the fate of your Personal Data after death
If you wish to exercise your rights, please send a request to do so by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that for security reasons related to the need to verify the identity of any person sending a request, you may be requested to provide additional information so as to verify your identity when you exercise your rights.
During your use of the Site and the Application, cookies and other similar technologies that we shall refer to generally by the generic term of ‘cookies’ can be placed on your device.
What types of cookies are used?
Our Site and our Application use the following cookies:
How do you disable cookies ?
If you wish to disable the cookies on our Applications, you must uninstall the relevant Application and reinstall it without clicking on ‘OK’. The banner will continue to display on the Application while you are browsing. Be careful, it is important to understand that when you disable the cookies, your use of our Application is not optimal and you will not have access to some zones of the Application.
Modification of the Personal Data Policy
If this Policy is modified, an updated Policy will be posted on our Sites and Applications and where necessary, we will take appropriate measures to ensure you are aware of the latest version of the Policy.
Security of your personal information
Photo-Me Ireland Limited secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All photos captured by Photo-Me Ireland Limited photo booths shall be deleted 6 months from the date of capture. Photo-Me Ireland Limited secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All personal data is held within the EU.
Changes to this statement
Photo-Me Ireland Limited will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Photo-Me Ireland Limited encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Photo-Me Ireland Limited is protecting your information.
What we can do for you
Wherever you are in Ireland, you’re never far from a Photo-Me Ireland Limited photo booth. You can find us in supermarkets, shopping malls, post offices, high street retailers and larger railway stations.
Photo-Me is an enabled provider of photos to the Passport Service. The purpose of our photo booths are for the capture and transfer of your image to the passport services for the renewal of your passport. Every photobooth is equipped with exclusive software to guide you to the perfect result.
Photo-Me Ireland, A4 Alexander House, Tallaght Cross East, Dublin 24
Phone: 1850 444 342 Our helplines are open Mon-Sat (except bank holidays) from 9am-5pm.